Thursday, October 15, 2015

So Maybe...

I was told by many people I have a bad attitude about Mr. Inspector, so I am going to try very hard to think nice thoughts about him. Plus he came yesterday and inspected our work and didn't make us change anything. That was a nice thing, I guess. I'm still trying to think nice thoughts about the extra money he is making us pay in permits. I'm sure he will grow on me. Maybe.

In other news, I stopped working at the house for the past few days in order to get Halloween costumes done. My children decided they wanted to go with a group theme this year. They are all going to be circus performers. Logan is the Ringmaster. I made his jacket yesterday (red satin with gold trim accents and tails). I figured it would be good to get the hardest project out of the way. I just need to make him a top hat and bow tie. Then I made a pair of wooden stilts thinking that Phoebe would be the stilt walker, but it turns out that Phoebe is afraid of heights, so Samantha will be the stilt walker. Phoebe will be the tight rope walker/trapeze artist. Plus, funny story, I made the costume for the trapeze lady while she was at school, and it didn't fit Samantha. This was before we found out that Phoebe is afraid of heights. So everything worked out! The too small for Sami costume fits Phoebe perfectly and now I don't need to make a new one! Yay! Today my finishing projects will be stilt walker pants, and a world's strongest man costume for Carter. How fun!

In any event, sewing stops this afternoon, and it's back to working at the house tonight.

The past week I've been having some major swelling in my legs and feet. I honestly don't want to do anything but lay in bed with my feet up.

Sigh.

I can't take a break though. Got to finish up the house! I will try to remember to take pictures tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment