We worked through it though and managed to trim up a window, take out and reinstall a window, and still do the stucco we had planned.
You know what is heavy work? Holding a huge cement trowel in one hand, and a board thingy in the other (the thing you scoop the cement onto before you scoop it up with the trowel). It is heeeeaaavy! Especially while standing on a ladder.
So anyway, it really was a light day despite all we did. Because of the dumb inspector dude who stopped by yesterday, we changed a lot of plans. That's why we took a window out today, to fix the header which we thought he might have a hissy fit about, and then we reinstalled it and the trim around it, and the stucco too. What a pain this guy is.
And all I could think about as we were talking about this inspector guy was Danny Kaye in The Inspector General movie and how he didn't know what he was inspecting, he just kind of made it up as he went and tried to sound official. Also, all the songs from that movie were playing over and over all day in my head.
Turns out this guy would be in our ward too, so the evil looks I've been planning on giving him when he comes back are just going to have to be kept to myself.
As soon as they are "inspected", we will be able to finish stucco on the last two areas of windows. It's looking like a house again...kind of. Then we will throw some paint on everything, and get back to the inside business. The house will be tan with white trim and I'm thinking I better paint the doors too which look like they are still in primer. I'm thinking a dark grey door. Maybe almost black.
I hope the weather holds just a bit longer.
![]() |
| A "back in the day" pic as per request |

No comments:
Post a Comment