On Tuesday we went to the charter school for a concert for the kindergarten and fourth graders. There was one other grade there too, I think 5th or 6th, but I'm not sure. Conveniently my kids concerts fell on the same day. They can't hold a concert for every grade on the same night because we would not all fit. As it was, I'm sure there were some code violations made. It was packed.
At the charter school they take their music very seriously. When most other schools require their kids go buy recorders and learn how to play, our charter school requires all fourth graders learn how to play a string instrument. They provide each child with an instrument and have lessons multiple times a week. I admit I've been skeptical about how they would sound, but wow! These kids did so awesome! I'm a believer!!
This first video is the fourth grade warming up. I will try to upload the video of them playing real songs later today.
No comments:
Post a Comment