I was having this conversation with someone about how after having each baby, they have to find themselves again. I completely agree. But it's not just about trying to get your body back or try not to go crazy from lack of sleep, but I think this applies spiritually too.
I feel like after having a baby I am on this spiritual high. I have been so close to the spirit in preparing to have the baby, and then in having the baby as well. In the hospital the veil is so thin. Everyone gathers to welcome the baby on this earthly journey. I love that feeling. I love having heaven so near, and even for the first few weeks I can feel it still lingering. But eventually it wears off. Now I feel it is time to bring my spiritual self back. I slacked off these past few weeks and I feel oddly like a big deflated balloon. My balloon needs to be pumped up.
Hmm. Just some things to think about.
So true. Good insight.
ReplyDelete