It's 4am.
I just woke up having slept for 3.5 hours.
It's because my sleep has been a restless one...
Full of nightmares about drywalling...
And one weird dream about blowing the house up.
I just want to sleep a deep, dreamless sleep,
And I'd like to write my dad a letter:
Dear Dad,
You are my hero. There's nothing you can't do. You are amazing. How can you go at the pace you do, as old as you are? I'd like to spend a month with you just tinkering around with you and gleaning knowledge off of you. I love you so much, dad. You are so kind hearted and loving. You have a way of making me feel like no one is as special as me. You have been a great support to Trevor and me as we have built this house. You stick with us when you could and maybe should have just thrown up your hands and walked away. It's been frustrating and irritating and dumb at times, but you always seem to be able to put a positive spin on things. How will we ever repay you and mom for all the ways you have served and helped us? I'm feeling overwhelmed with the burden of it.
I love you, Dad! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
You guys, the house has ceiling!

I'm so excited that you have a ceiling!! Dad is a great guy and I agree that he is a great example of service. He has always been a good example. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Alyson!! Great work to all of you.
ReplyDelete