Sunday, May 18, 2014

That one time we had a garage sale and forgot to take pictures.

Yesterday we had a garage sale. We sold a lot of stuff. We sold my beloved dining table and chairs. People were fighting over it. That made me feel good. The table was one I made out of pallets. The chairs I had painted a lovely Tiffany Blue. I had never quite finished them, and then two days before the sale I finally got them finished. That's really the worst part. I never got to use the set all the way done, but it really was pretty.

My neighbor joined me in selling stuff. She only had a little stuff, but it was still nice to have someone help me.

She brought out a pallet sign I had helped her make. She had free handed "love" on it and put ribbon on it in a very weird non pleasing way. She had been trying to sell the sign for two years and no one wanted it. So while we sat there selling stuff, I pulled the ribbon off and sanded and scuffed it. Then I stained it and sealed it. About five minutes after we put it back out to sell, someone offered us money for it! Yeah! We were on a roll!

Anyway, we sold everything I wanted and needed to get rid of. It really did make me feel sad, but I know it was for the best.

After the sale, we loaded up the trailer and took it to the new house using a friend's truck.

I am soooo tired today. I am really starting to feel worn down.  I hope this move gets done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment