Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shoulder Pain {update}

I have an appointment with a neurologist. I don't know if I am going to keep it. I heard they are expensive. I think I may try a chiropractor. Don't think I'm weird. But what if it is just a pinched nerve. Can't chiropractors do something about that? I am feeling really confused.

I have pain in my shoulder (we call them "episodes" now since it is happening so often) probably 2-8 times a day. They aren't the huge awful kind, just little ones that still don't feel very good. When it gets bad I just take an Aleve and try to relax.....and get out the heating pad. (Hence the picture)

So what do you think? Should I see a chiropractor? Should I keep my appointment? Help me make this decision!!!

5 comments:

  1. Keep your appointment. Sounds like more than a pinched nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister tracy went to a chiropractor when she had a shoulder that bothered her. he told her to stand on one foot (opposite of hurt shoulder) then twist your body and rotate the ankle of the foot in the air. do that until your ankle pops. if it is a pinched nerve that should take care of it. i've tried it and it does work. if that doesn't help you definatly go see the nero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be silly, keep your appointment. You never know what could be causing the pain, though it may be in your shoulder the source could be coming from your neck or your head which only a neurologist would be able to diagnos. If it's only something to do with your shoulder then you will know and will be able to go from there, but if you don't explore all possibilities then you might never be able to rid yourself of this pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always opt for this simpler options first and then go from there. Try the chiro first and if it doesn't go totally away then the neurologist. Just my 2 cents. Do whatever feels right to you, its your body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your comments! I'll let you know what happens!

    ReplyDelete