Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I had a screening with a physical therapist today. Awesome huh? I am a little confused with what exactly is wrong with my shoulder. He was really excited about it though. He said he hadn't seen too many of these types of injuries. Whatever my injury is. Something about the nerve being impended and the arm being weak. He said there was way too much play in the socket of the shoulder and that I had probably torn the Rotator Cuff which is why my shoulder is so weak.

SO now I get to go to physical therapy twice a week for a while. I really hope this helps me to be able to function again. My shoulder is killing me from him pulling and twisting it today to see what is wrong. Blah Blah Blah.

Totally not what I thought I was going to be doing to treat it, but I'm excited. He laughed at me when I told him about seeing a chiropractor. HA. Chiropractors and Physical Therapists don't get along if you didn't know. Also, he thought it was ridiculous about me going to see a Neurologist. Hmm. Maybe Physical Therapists don't like Neurologists either. Nevertheless, I think I really am going to cancel the appointment with the Neurologist.

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! Your shoulder is awesome, isn't it? I hope the physical therapy works for you, and works FAST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right they don't, my mother was a PT and she considered even saying the word chiropractor blasphemy! Sorry you are having problems. Enjoy your PT appoinents, no kids!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE doctors and avoid them at all costs unless I can't take care of the problem at home, such as a broken bone or something of that nature. I do think they are great I just hate dealing with them.

    Your kids are so cute, how do you keep up with everything? Oh, I know.... you are AMAZING and always so positive!!!!!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete