Wednesday, April 1, 2009


I have been getting ready to plant a garden. Logan and I planted all the seeds a while ago and have been watching and watering them. We have been so excited to see all of them sprouting up. We keep them in a wagon which is brought inside at night and outside during the day.

The other day Trevor asked to use the said wagon, so Logan and I took the plants to a sunny location on the grass and unloaded them for a rest. As I was laying in bed trying to wake up the next morning, I remembered our poor plants had not made it inside the night before. I knew it was too late even before I reached them. I ran to them in my pajamas crying "NOOOO!" It was too late. The tall plants were covered in frost, stems wilted and laying down across each other as if to say goodbye. All that work. GONE!

So now we get to plant more seeds. They will be even better than before. I look at it as good practice. I never have had a green thumb. Maybe my thumb is getting a tad greener through all this.

Although the picture at the top of this post is lovely, it is not of my plants. I like to think that this is what my plants would have looked like had they had the chance to grow a little longer.

5 comments:

  1. Alyson, I love this posting. I hate when bad things happen because I forget. I can very much understand your frustration. I love how you turned it into a positive thing by thinking of it as practice. I have never really been a gardener myself. I'll try to send some positive vibes your way so your plants make it this time. :^>

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally sucks about your plants!! But I am so amazed at your dedication. If that happened to me I would have just said forget it and bout plants at the nursery. Logan looks adorable with his unbrella by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! We had a similar disappointment last year when all our seedlings blew off the railing of our deck! Oh well, live and learn I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DANG it!!! I would be so mad and frustrated with myself! Gosh! Maybe if you give them mouth-to-mouth they will come back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I would've been so mad! But I'm sure Logan will have fun planting more seeds, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete