Monday, March 30, 2009

How are we holding up..


A good question.

First of all, Logan has been saving all his money and doing little jobs around the house for the past little while to earn this umbrella. He finally had enough money to buy it last week. He is so proud of himself.

Last Friday as I was out shopping at garage sales our beautiful, wonderful, reliable truck blew up. Well it just had a major backfiring weird sound coming out of the engine and blowing big puffs of black smoke out the back.

This happened just as we were getting ready to sell it. Actually it was going on the market this week. After all, we are going to need a more family friendly car soon.

So now it is going to be a pretty darn expensive repair unless Trevor can find a way to "Jerry-rig" it. This word is a joke between us because my dad's first name is Jerry, although he goes by his middle name, and he is the KING of fixing things in an amazing Macgyver-like fashion.

Ho-hum. When is this going to get easier?

Bar results come out next Thursday.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Aly! Hey email me and tell me how we can communicate during the day when you are low on minutes. :^> "Cause I want to talk shop and see where we are on it...if you know what I mean. :^>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyson, Logan looks so pleased with himself with that umbrella!! That smile is worth a million bucks!!!! Love it! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my buddy Logan!

    "Gee Ricky, sorry your truck blew up!" (except in the quote from the movie, you have to replace "truck" with "mom") NAME THAT MOVIE!

    I just love you Alyson and hope you can Jerry-rig that truck so you can be a mini-van mom sooner than later! ;)

    Good luck in the coming days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks the truck blew up!!! Dang it! Sometime it feels like ya' can't catch a break!

    So, you already know that the results come in next week, for sure????? Mike was told 6-8 weeks but most likely 8 weeks! I hate not knowing but, knowing would kill me too!!!

    I hope you find some better luck soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Idaho is really precise as far as giving results. We know for sure they come out April 9th at 9:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute that Logan had to earn money to buy that umbrella! Good for him!

    I'm sorry about your truck, I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix it or that you guys can figure something out on your own!

    Can't wait to hear the results! Although, I will be in the hospital when you find out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute. Logan looks so happy with his umbrella!

    I am sorry about your truck guys, that stinks. Good luck with Trevor's results, I know it will be a BIG relief when it is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks about the truck. But that is awesome you guys get your bar results next week!!! Hope you are ready to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete