What. A. Mess.
This roof is a beast. It's half way sheeted. We had a ton of people from our family and ward show up this morning. I can't believe how much help we had. We got so much accomplished. The eaves were extended, and even a catastrophe was diverted. Well, kind of. The spine of the addition (that's not a technical term), the board that runs across the length of the house, it split. A really bad, saggy split. And then the roof was just falling down. Oh joy. This dumb, stupid, horrid house. But these guys just came up with a solution and fixed it. Thank heavens.
This afternoon, everyone was dragging and I felt so bad for how tired everyone was, so I stayed at the house and helped. Everyone was leaving, and in the end, for the last few hours we had two guys on the roof, and three on the ground (including me). We got half the roof sheeted and still have the other side to do. So much left to do, but it will be amazing when it's done.
I can't thank everyone enough. Thank you everyone!!!!!!! You know who you are!!!
The baptism happened yesterday too, but that's a totally different post. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to limp to bed now. Did I mention my super hurt left ankle that I dropped a pile of 2x4s on today, or my right foot that stepped on a nail? That was just plain dumb of me. Dumb.
Not to whine. I'm in amazing shape compared to my dad or Trevor who can't walk tonight because they hurt so bad and are tired. Trevor couldn't sleep last night because he was in so much pain. Har har. It is a little bit funny. You have to admit. This is why professionals do this. We are a bunch of ninnies.
lol love your posts and your choice of words. ninnies... :D
ReplyDelete