Saturday, June 4, 2016

I hurt my foot. Last week I noticed my left foot was hurting after a hard day of working at the house. I'm not sure how I hurt it. I've also been working out every day, so it could be from that. In any event, it is still hurting just as bad today as last week. What did I do? I get hurt at the house all the time, and it is just one of those things you have to shake off as fast as you can and move on. I just wish the pain would go away. It's radiating from the top of my foot through to the arch and ankle.

Well anyway, moving on. We got a lot done at the house today and the past few weeks. Let me fill you in: We have been working in the dreaded bedroom and laundry room all this time. We tore most everything out, including the ceiling, and bags and bags of insulation which are now stacked in a large pile in the basement. We put in the closet and bathroom walls, which is terribly exciting!!!!! We lapped all the walls for extra strength since that side of the house is an addition and seems to be slightly separating from the original building. You may be wondering why we would tear out the ceiling. The answer is because we raised it. It was really low before and also had water and mold damage. It was disgusting. Now we have a few more framing days ahead of us, but we are almost done with this part!!!

I thought we would be doing electric next, you know... wiring the house, but Trevor has informed me that it's plumbing next. Oh joy. You know what? I hate plumbing. I remember my dad putting in the plumbing in a new bathroom when we dug out our basement when I was little. I thought it would be exciting. It was slow going and boring. It was a lot of figuring things out and cutting and torching and just soooo soooo soooooo oooooh boring. We are using a new, and supposedly easier kind of plumbing. I hope it goes fast and that I can learn to love plumbing.

Before we even go further with anything though, we are tackling the roof. Two weeks, people. I don't know how this is going to happen. Please pray for us. Pray that somehow we will be able to get everything done that we need to beforehand. Pray that friends from church can somehow convince Trevor to let them help us a lot more than he wants to accept. The roof is a large job, and Trevor can be very stubborn. That's all I'm going to say on that.

Also, one more thing. I'm terrified of being on the roof. Actually, I have no problem getting on the roof, but it's getting off the roof that I have a problem with. When I was a teenager, I remember climbing onto our roof to jump off onto the trampoline. Soo much fun!! Based on this, I have devised a plan that we need to bring our trampoline over and put it at the lowest point of the roof. Otherwise, I'm never coming down. They will have to call the fire department.

2 comments:

  1. The trampoline idea sounds lovely! I'm all for it, just no extra bouncing from the trampoline to the ground. ;) Could you maybe have plantar fasciitis? (sp?) After wearing flip flops too long, I'm having a bout that gets better but keeps coming back. I need to take better care of my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness. I'm sorry. I wish we could come help you guys. Keep letting us know when we can come help. At some point there has to be a time we can help.

    ReplyDelete