This is it. THE WEEKEND. Today is the start of the roof. Exciting stuff, eh? I'm not excited, but I am. I mean, Samantha will be baptized!!! I'm so excited for her!!! The roof... meh. I'll be sooooo sooo soooooo happy when it's done. It's a huge project. Our roof is not the same height. The additions are taller than the main house. I'm not sure on the difference, but it's a big deal. They left the cedar shingles on the roof of the main house and built the additions to match the height of the main house with shingles. Wait, following me here? Then they shingled directly over the cedar shingles straight across the roof, using the shingles as the deck. Still following me? It's hard for me to explain, because I'm not fluent in roofing lingo. Sorry.
Anyhoo, this train gets started today, and there is no going back once it starts moving. I sure hope it all goes semi smoothly. We are getting a bathroom!!!! Yep! The porta potty comes tomorrow!!! No more going to McD's!!
And back to Sami's baptism. I threw together a program yesterday after a few people told me my simple one was not enough. I had a very very simple one planned, but apparently baptisms have turned into large productions? I don't know... I missed the memo on that one. I thought the baptism was the point. Silly. I'm thinking this grumpiness I'm feeling about it is just from me hating things like this. Sometimes I wish my family could crawl into a hole and do things without having the whole world (ward) watch. I'm also thinking this is the roof talking. Yeah. Pretty sure.
I always say I want to move to a farm in Kansas... for the same reason. Can't believe what you guys are up to on that house!!! Wish I could help! <3
ReplyDelete