Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The hardware store and the automotive store workers are jerks. I hate going into those stores because the men that work there always ALWAYS treat me like an imbecile. I know a lot of men who know a whole lot less on the subject that get treated way better just because they are men. So rude.

Today I went to the hardware/lumber store to pick up some 1x4s for a new table top. First of all, the LADY behind the counter was rude as always. After I asked her a few questions about her lumber I bought some and drove around back to pick it up. I hate this particular store because you have to buy the lumber sight unseen and they don't have a list of what they carry so you have to ask a lot of questions and they get irritated really fast.

In the back, a guy that's helped me a lot before was there and grabbing the lumber for me. I told him I didn't want anything that wasn't straight. He looked at me and said "oh yeah. You're the girl that buys the wood for arts and crafts."

Ummm. Hahaha! What?!? Arts and crafts? If any guy was buying wood to build something, he would be called a woodworker.  But I do arts and crafts? I just laughed and said "yeah."

4 comments:

  1. That's how I feel when I go into the stinky hardware store that Brett loves. It smells awful in there and the men either look at you like you know nothing or they are ogling you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. That would be Harbor Freight. No other store smells like that. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha!! I've noticed the smell at harbor freight. It is stifling at first! I can't stand people who think you know nothing. So presumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's super rude! Not okay at all...

    ReplyDelete