Old table: Too busy. Too many lines. Not as sturdy as i would like. Got left outside for reasons I can't discuss. Got ruined. Had to figure out something.
Time to think about this one.
New table: Solid base. Love the new top. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Industrial. Super fun. I love the look of metal!
Now I have a few questions: what should I do with the skirt? That's the piece of wood just underneath the table top. I could stain it the same as the top. I could paint it, but what color?
Next question: But first a statement. Walmart started carrying my chairs about 9 months after I purchased them. Same color and everything. I hate that. I'm thinking about painting my chairs. I'm thinking about a copper/taupe color. I need some neutral in my house anyway and also the red might possibly clash with my piano, but more on that one later. I don't want to give the piano color away just yet. So what do you think? Paint the chairs, or live with them.
Thanks for your design help!
I like the red, but if you don't, paint them. But I can't think of what color would look better!
ReplyDeleteTable skirt thingy? What about a cream paint with darker edges? (Or however they achieve that look).. that is so cool.
ReplyDeleteSo why not paint the chairs a creamish color? That would go with anything.. maybe even give them some grey or tannish undertones or edges...???
ReplyDeleteOh I think you are talking about glaze. Yeah glaze would be cool. I like that idea. https://www.google.com/search?q=valspar+spray+paint+colors&client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-browser&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=wdM1zmIYKs69yM%253A%252C_NVVlLPH4Uf6wM%252C_%253BQ8IwEfDLz8NN2M%253A%252CbgZBhRbHMBUIUM%252C_%253BrqhliIesq4vmBM%253A%252CX-ZeA06FuH_2HM%252C_%253BvICCFHhz7kWpoM%253A%252CB49DJUTQ1sHXuM%252C_&usg=__CUeBYuwZSto1p6ET59KXV1mL8wI%3D&sa=X&ei=NuBWVfOjNIisyASH_IFI&ved=0CEEQ7Ak#tbm=isch&q=valspar+spray+paint+colors+metallic&imgrc=BEJyBA6Y8O6JMM%253A%3BW6iLhsI6Qp5RiM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fkastyles.co%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2015%252F04%252FRose-gold-spray-paint.jpg%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fkastyles.co%252Frose-gold-spray-paint%252F%3B750%3B1000
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about this color for the chairs. The one on the left. It's called Rose Gold by Valspar. I think it might give a little zing since it has a very subtle metallic element to it. Thoughts?
Sorry. You'll have to copy and paste that link.
Delete