Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Question of the Day!

The question of the day is: How much do you spend on your groceries each month? Inquiring minds want to know. And by inquiring minds, I mean me!

I am trying to whittle down our bill to be a good amount, but I'm not really sure what a good amount is! Please share with me your grocery knowledge!

8 comments:

  1. I really want to know if it is possible for me to spend $400. I think this sounds about right, but I want to be realistic. Especially when Logan and Sami are both eating the same amount of food as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's totally possible. A blog I go to says she spends $55 a person/month on groceries. You may just have to be a little particular what you spend that $55/person on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! So I could only spend $300?? Maybe if I had a garden and canned during the summer. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spend more than I want to admit and/or recognize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something I really want to learn is how to use coupons and where to get them. I know there are some ladies in my ward who do it and they save a lot of money. It is something to look into. I have 7 people in my family, and we spend a lot of money on grocieries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time calculating what I spend on just groceries. Because whenever I'm out to get food, I end up buying non food items in the same transaction. Like when I go to Costco, I'll spend around $100, but there is always items included for the house or toiletries. When we were on food stamps in MI they gave us $400/mo and that was for only 3 people. We ate very well on that. I have been cooking a lot more whole foods, from scratch, etc since then though.

    I guess all I'm saying is, I have no idea what I spend on groceries... I just try to stay within a certain budget for all things household related.

    I think $400 should be reasonable, especially if you cook everything from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...I think we spend about $100 a month for the three of us :)

    ReplyDelete