Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Bad Day

Yesterday I had a not so good day. Logan is in this HORRIBLE phase right now. He throws a temper tantrum for everything. Whining, crying, kicking.....you know. Or maybe you don't know. Just wait. If you haven't experienced that phase yet, you will. It is inevitable.

Yesterday it was one fit after another. So I say to the kids, "let's make cookies", because getting them involved in something and keeping them busy is always something that works. We make these AWESOME cookies, and have a lot of fun doing it. We all got really dirty (Sorry Katie. I really do try to keep Alexis clean!) and we go outside to eat our handiwork. So we gobble down these wonderfully delicious cookies, and I look down at the kids who are licking their fingers clean, trying to enjoy every last taste, and notice their faces are a mess! I said to them "Let's go inside and clean up". Now these two kids looked at each other, and just took off running. You have to know that we live on a corner, and occasionally cars do come barreling around it wildly, so it is always something that has scared me. I have had a talk with them about running into the street, but you know kids. So I get to Logan first, he's already in the street, and then Alexis (she got pretty far).

What is it about kids doing the opposite of what you tell them to do. When it endangers their lives, that's when it is not funny anymore. Those stinkers.

So anyway, I see Katie coming, and we run inside to wash up. She comes inside and I am all flustered. I totally forgot to wash myself, and after she left I looked in the mirror, and to my horror, I see a chocolate covered face staring back at me. HORRORS! How embarrassing!!

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. You'd think Logan and Connor were twins because he is doing the exact same stuff right now! It drives me NUTS!!!! We will we live through this????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, you are so funny! I didn't even notice your chocolate on your face. & I never mind having Alexis coming home dirty- it means she played hard! You're the best eVeR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you got to eat some cookies out of all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a super woman Alyson. I KNOW every parent has had their child run away from them straight into the street (or some other terrifying experience) and you have 3 to watch. Plus one in the oven too. Don't feel bad about it just do what you can just like we all do. It sounds like everyone had such fun. It's true the messiest activities are always the best.

    ReplyDelete