1. I am very cautious about making friends, but once I make them I am severely loyal and will defend a friend to the end.
2. When I was younger my mom would dress my siblings and me up in these ridiculous costumes with these HUGE bow ties and make us perform Janeen Brady songs at the local fairs and summer camps around Portland. She was very critical of our performances and if we didn't perform to her standards then we wouldn't get any kind of reward (I can remember wanting a sucker SO BAD, but not getting one because I didn't sing loud enough).
3. I have hearing damage in both ears. I hate talking on the phone because it is really hard for me to hear a lot of things. That's why I say "what?" a lot.
4. I was kicked out of piano lessons when I was 12 or 13. My teacher was giving me music that I had heard lots of siblings play, so it wasn't hard for me to play it by ear. I guess she thought I should be reading the notes off the paper.....go figure.
5. You might as well know that I write music, but I will never let anyone other than Trevor hear it.
6. I cannot tell a lie. It is written all over my face if I do.
7. Here's a shocker....I was home schooled in high school. Yep, and I will NEVER home school any of my kids.
8. I can work on cars. I can change my oil, tires, whatever. I have changed a radiator by myself, and fixed the clutch linkage. I don't do it as much now that I have Trevor around, but just know that I can.
9. I am VERY stubborn. It really irritates me when I am told I can't do something, because I know I can do anything I want if I just think about it for a while. I can figure it out eventually.
10. I would like to visit Prince Edward Island someday
You are freakin' AMAZING Alyson! I might have to go to your house, tie you down, and find this music you've been writing! You've got so many dang talents!
ReplyDeletethose made me laugh. esp the second one. that's hilarious. and the one about your hearing makes a WHOLE lot of sense now...
ReplyDeleteYou are a very interesting, talented and cool person - I love learning new stuff about our amazing Alyson!
ReplyDeleteHi. I'm know I'm a random stranger. I'm actually friends with Natalie Koester (we went to high school together, college roommates, etc). I sometimes click on the links of friends links and I was reading your list. I was wondering, being someone who was home-schooled, why you would never consider home-schooling your children. I'm seriously considering it with my kids and i seriously don't want to traumatize or alienate them. If you could email me your thoughts, that would be so super cool. But if it's too random, I understand. melanie.ray@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks