Tuesday, August 8, 2017

You guys.... Thank You!!!!! I bought the gable vent tonight. I went with the circle. I'm so grateful you stopped by this blog to help me out.

Update time: We cut out an egress window over the weekend.

We are cool like that.

Just wanted to make sure you read what I said, and it sunk in....

WE CUT OUT AN EGRESS WINDOW AND FRAMED IT AND GOT IT ALL READY FOR THE WINDOW TO BE INSTALLED!!!!!!

We are rockstars!

Do you know the difficulty of cutting into solid concrete? And guess what these lovely people did when they originally poured the concrete walls?

Hint: You will never guess....

They only put a mold on the inside of the house, but used dirt for the outside.

Can we all say "LUMPY"?

This means that the walls were thicker in some places and thinner in others. They ranged from 6 to 10 inches thick. Yep. I can't make this stuff up.

The thickness variation made it extremely difficult to cut the walls since the saw couldn't cut all the way through in places.

I'm telling you, I'm so glad I'm not a boy. I hurt just watching Trevor wacking and wacking at the concrete with the sledge hammer. In the end he got it all loose and it turned out okay.

Tonight the hyster and basket got dropped off at the house. The siding is about to be ripped off, and the front of the house is about to be finished and changed for forever.

YAY.

I'm excited for this party to get started.

I think we are close to seeing things start to change at the house. We need to get the egress windows in, get our final building inspection, get the plumbing inspected, get the rough electrical and inspection done, and then we will be off to  insulation and drywall.

So close, yet so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment