We have a cat. Our cat is known around the place as Roy, but sometimes when he goes on a crazy killing spree, we call him LeRoy.
Mostly on these killing days, he will bring a mouse to the front step and meow for me. I will open the door to find that LeRoy has mangled a mouse somehow. Sometimes he rips their heads off and other times he just leaves it as is.
Lately Roy has been tormenting the mice. He plays with them for hours. Lets them get up and run away only to be caught in seconds. He loves to fling them in the air. I'll look out the window because something caught my eye, and it's LeRoy flinging his mouse in the air over and over. This brings to mind an old song it goes something like " Bad bad LeRoy Brown. Baddest man in the whole dang toooowwwwn" except replace man with cat. We sing this song to Roy quite often.
Some days I swear Roy kills a whole colony of mice. I wonder if any are left out there. When Trevor is out working on the cars during the weekends, Roy brings the mice to Trevor to kill and Trevor wacks them over the head with a crowbar and throws them away. This game thrills Roy and he goes running off to find another mouse to bring back. Trevor thinks this is fun too and likes to praise Roy thoroughly and give him special treats. It's really disgusting.
When we first moved into this house, I noticed there were red dots on the cement floor of the garage. I just assumed the other occupants of this house had been poor painters, but Trevor laughed when I was making fun of their painting skills one day. That's when I found out that the red "paint" is actually mouse blood, and every time he hits one with the crowbar over the head, he creates more red "paint" drops.
Wow. You really wanted to know all of that, right?
We also have a pigeon problem. They infest every outbuilding we have, and scare the hebegeebies out of me every time I walk into one of the buildings. We hired Logan to shoot them and kill them. So far, even though he has hit them, none have died. We need a more powerful bb gun. We do have other guns, but at what point do you trust your 9 year old with a gun and hope he won't break a window, or shoot his sister? I'm talking a more powerful co2 pellet gun people. Not a real gun. I'm not that stupid.
Yuck, yuck, yuuuuuuck!!! I could not handle the mice thing.... YUCK! You guys are MUCH braver than I am....
ReplyDeleteHey, since you have so many animals, what you need to do is find some owls and collect the owl pellet thingies to sell. You could be making bank. Or so I've heard. And by the way, this was very entertaining! And gross.
ReplyDeleteGrosssss! But my boys would find it fascinating! So then I'd have to try to find it fascinating as well.
ReplyDelete