Thursday, October 2, 2014

Question

Yesterday Logan walked in the door from school and plopped a paper in front of me. "Mom, you need to sign this."

"Group Parent Teacher Conferences" is what the paper said. I read a little bit more: "Your child's teacher and the rest of the third grade teaching staff will be leading a group discussion about your child's curriculum and answering any questions you may have. Your child does not need a one on one parent teacher conference."

Cue the anger. Cue the outrage. Cue the shockedness (made that word up.).

In what school system do they not do parent teacher conferences with each child and each parent one on one? This is crazy talk! I am so baffled right now. But now I'm wondering, is this happening in other places or just here in our small town?

And call me one of those parents, but we WILL be having a normal one on one parent teacher conference.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh...I would not be happy. Not happening here. I just had parent teacher conferences yesterday. One on one. I would be like you. I LIKE one on one. Fight it, Alyson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're one of THOSE parents.

    (You said to say it.)

    But seriously . . . I have no opinion. But if you want a one-on-one conference, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one on one. Otherwise your child is a number. And you're who again? I firmly believe in being involved in my child's education - especially in public schools.

    And that's very odd. I can imagine why they do it - but it seems like it's just cutting corners. Definitely let your opinion be known. :)

    ReplyDelete