Friday, September 6, 2013

Soccer Update...

First of all, THANKS SO MUCH KIKI!!!! Your advice about getting cleats and shin guards was perfect. I almost didn't get them because el hubbo said he thought it was unnecessary. However, when we showed up at the game and the ref told another kid he wasn't going to be able to play unless he got cleats and shin guards, I was so relieved that I had taken your advice!

We have had terrible rainy weather here the past few days. Logan got all ready for his practice three hours before we had to be there. Talk about excited. About twenty minutes before practice started, black clouds rolled in and poured buckets and buckets of rain down for the rest of the night. So no practice! It got cancelled! Logan was heartbroken.

Then last night Logan's team had their first game. It was so funny. Half the kids had never played a lick of soccer...ever. Logan included. His coach was so awesome. He was on the field telling the boys what to do and helping them figure out what was going on. Seriously, we lucked out with him. But here's the funny part. About a quarter of the way through the game, the coach told Logan it was his turn to kick the ball from center field. I never played or watched soccer, so I have no idea what any of the rules are. Sorry. I know I'm totally annoying some of you with my descriptions. So Logan goes to kick the ball. He kicks it as hard as he can and the ball barely moves, but Logan's shoe went flying high across the field. I was laughing so hard. The game was going on and there was Logan hobbling across the field trying to find his shoe and then sitting down on the ground in the middle of a scrimmage. Ahhhh, I guess you had to be there. Wish I would have gotten that on video. 

So his next game is on Saturday and I cannot wait to see what funny stuff happens. I had no idea this could be so amusing!   

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I think I would have died laughing too. I've heard basketball is kinda funny too... Jett keeps reminding me that I promised him he could play a sport as as well..wonder which one would be the funniest..oops I mean the best one for him of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well anything that requires coordination has the potential to be funny. You can't go wrong with any sport in my opinion. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Miss your kiddies they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete