Laura Packer Ferrell
(April 15, 1917 - February 6, 2009)
|
OGDEN – Our wonderful Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Sister, Aunt and Friend left us and her home on earth on Friday, February 6, 2009 to be with her eternal companion, our Dad (Grandpa). She was 91 years old.
She was born April 15, 1917 in Franklin, Idaho, the daughter of Philando and Veressa Packer. Laura completed third and fourth grades in one school year and later graduated as high school valedictorian from Franklin High School in 1934. She attended LDS Business College and Weber State College.
She met Benjamin Herbert Ferrell at a dance at the Coconut Grove in Salt Lake City. They were married for 72 years before Herb passed away on August 19, 2008.
____________________________________________________________
This past weekend was full of some good times. My Grandma and Grandpa were probably having just as good a time in Heaven. I met some fun relatives and reacquainted myself with many I hadn't seen in a while.
I met James Ferrell the author of The Peace Giver (one of my favorite books to read on the Loo) and my sister Jen and husband happened to have a copy they had him sign! How cool is that? It was probably a little inappropriate that they asked for his signature right in front of the casket, but he was very kind. I tried to get an inconspicuous picture of him, but it ended up being very blurry and of his back. Too bad eh?
We were able to be with both my parents who flew up from Texas where they are serving a mission. It was very good to see them! I miss them so much! This is my dad playing with Samantha in the hotel room.
We went swimming and enjoyed staying up late talking. I just had such a good time! Logan and Samantha were well behaved for the most part and it was good to be away from Trevor so he could get some marathon studying in back at home.I am revived. Now that we are back home it's time to clean and do the laundry. So until next time!
I am sorry about your Grandma, Alyson. But I am very glad for her, I am sure she is so happy to be back with her husband.
ReplyDeleteI am loving Samantha's hair!! Very cute!
72 years?! That's wonderfully amazing! I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with your family and that your parents were able to come up so you could see them.
ReplyDelete