Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I have tried to post many things lately but just ended up erasing them because they sounded too depressing.

Here's what we have been doing:

Thanksgiving dinner early at the Misseldines. A fun evening of food.

I have been doing craft fairs like crazy. It has been a good experience and fun to hear what people think of my handiwork.

Trevor gets to do his first trial. How exciting for him! I think maybe next week it starts? Not really sure on the details.

Teaching Logan in pre-school. He is such a sponge. He is learning how to put letters together to make a word. What a fun kid!

Samantha is FINALLY mobile! Yep. She is just now crawling.

Sorry this isn't a very exciting post. I am having a hard time with our ward and everything here. I couldn't make it through church on Sunday without tearing up every time someone looked at me. Because that's what they do here. They look but don't talk. I gave everyone huge inviting smiles the first three months, but alas that hasn't worked on their cold hearts. I am praying someone nice will move into the ward and be my friend.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time there right now. Are they mental or something? I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to be friends with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way the wards were out in California, at least for me. Maybe that's what it's like in the wards out west. Good luck though. I didn't make a single friend in any of my wards before I moved to Michigan.

    I hope Trevor does good on his trial. I'm really not trying to brag, but John has done a lot of trials already. I don't think he even knows how many he's done. He appears before a judge every single day and has his own docket (sp?). John really loves it. He got a really great office and boss to extern for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I totally have to agree with Janee! Those people must be absolutely crazy not to want to get to know you! I've done a lot of moving in my life and know how hard it can be when you don't have any friends. I wish there was something I could do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry Alyson!!! THey are just not nice!! Just remember all you friends that are now all throughout the United states!! You know so many people who love you and think you are awesome in so many states!! The only wish they were that cool!!! I miss you and will see you in december.....that sounds like a song title to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with aubrey and janee. They have to be absolutely nuts...Isn't it your parent's old ward? I don't know, I hope things get better, and they come around. Your kiddos are so dang cute, logan and samantha have changed a lot since I last saw them. Are you still making bows? I am on strike...atleast until we're done with our extern. I've now started tutus. So cute! Well, hope you had a great thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Alyson I wish we were back in Idaho so bad. I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry it's not you, it's the same way here, we have NO friends and we have been here almost 2 years. Nobody talks to me at church either. I feel like a total idiot because I will be sitting in the hall at church (that is where I spent most of my time with Abby) and all of the other young mom's in my ward will be talking about how they got together or will be planning thier next get together for a play day or alot of other reasons and they totally don't care that I am right there and they don't and have NEVER invited me. It makes me sad because sometimes you just want another adult to talk to besides your husband. Besides, everyone needs friends. Don't worry I know how you feel. But I also know it doesn't help all that much when people say that.

    ReplyDelete