Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I Believe in Angels

This week nothing has been going right. The hvac guy is not responding whatsoever to me. I only texted him twice over the course of a week to see where our quote was that he had promised us within on day. He knew we were on a time crunch too, but apparently I must have scared him off because he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

I then Googled "how to hire a reluctant contractor" and surprisingly it worked and brought up a few very helpful articles. After reading for a while, I felt a prompting to attempt to contact the very first hvac guy, Brad, to see if I could get anything from him.

HE TEXTED ME RIGHT BACK!!!!!

I know. Surprise, surprise.

So I have a meeting with him tomorrow, maybe. These contractors are slicker than snot.

And then, we got a knock on our door randomly and when I opened it, there stood a guy with three pumpkins in his arms. I met him last week when he dropped off some extra tomatoes. Word flies in a small town, and apparently the word is that I need everyone's extra produce. So this guy gave me the pumpkins and asked if I wanted more produce. I reluctantly said yes, because I just can't pass up more work. I got Carter and Will and drove to his house where I met his amazing kind wife.

They spoiled the boys and were so kind and amazing to us. We were there for about an hour and a half in which I asked them if they could be our surrogate grandparents and then thanked them profusely and gave them both hugs when we left.

Do you believe in Angels here on earth? I do. I needed that sweet couple on that crappy day and I felt Heavenly Father's love for me through them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that couple found you. I hope Brad follows through on tomorrow. <3 I'll pray.

    ReplyDelete