Whoah! My head is spinning from the last two weeks. I mean, seriously I am in survival mode right now.
I just read that last paragraph over again and laughed out loud. It was the survival mode sentence. We've been in survival mode for the past year and a half, so if that could get more crazy and hectic, it's truly saying a lot.
Here's the thing, it's hard to remember it all. My brain is non-functioning at this point. I'm on auto pilate. But just know that we've been running from dawn to dusk with things crammed here and there and everywhere. School work until midnight, making deadlines with minutes to spare, and barely having time to do normal things like housework.
Oh yes, it's stressful and I'm exhausted. I had a breakdown at church last week during both of my temple recommend interviews. I was bawling and just so tired of the load. I don't feel like there are many people able to see the stress that is my life right now.
Ho-hum. That's just so depressing. Let's move on.
Here are some highlights from the past two weeks:
We met with our hvac guy Brad to go over things and see what he thought about what we have planned. He gave us the thumbs up. Just waiting on a bid from him now.
We layed hardy-backer board in the kitchen, laundry, and bathrooms. It only needed to be layed down in a few places for plumbing, but hey, why not just do the whole thing.
Trevor got to work on plumbing today and took the pipe out of the pipe. Lol! I don't know how else to describe this. Where the sewer drain leaves the house, there was a mess of pipes coming together. When cast iron pipes are joined, they would use lead and this weird sealer putty stuff that I can't remember the name of. Anyway, Trevor needed to remove the seal that joined these two pipes together. It was a hugely long job that took most of the day. It smelled badly of poop and cast iron, which smells and tastes like blood. But he got them apart, and no harm came to the cast iron which would have been really really bad.
I got the windows mostly bricked up. I have one last course of brick to do and then I'm done.
After weeks of indecision, I finally made the call to put our cat Kitty down. Ugh. It was so hard, and we all bawled like babies.
I have had a huge influx of last minute senior pictures this year. It has been crazy. Also family photos and newborns have been more active as well. This is normally slow season.
Ok, I'm falling asleep now, so I guess it's time to wrap this up.





Alyson, I'm super disturbed if you tasted the poopy cast iron pipe. LOL I hope your taste came from an experience of tasting some other cast iron thing. Also, I'm sorry if I ever give you the impression that your life/struggles are nothing. They are hard!
ReplyDelete<3 <3 <3 <3 I'm sorry you are going through so much. You are truly amazing to do everything that you do. I wish there was something that I could do to help you. I know that's a common phrase that people often say to each other "Let me know if there's anything I can do!" but really others just want someone to just show up and do something, anything. I hope that I can be that person for you one day, just show up with a meal or a bunch of meals to fill your freezer or... something to show that I care and that I love you.
ReplyDelete