Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The flooding continues. Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink. Our ward went down to the river to help some members out with sandbagging before church on Sunday. The water had risen overnight to their porch and apparently swallowed up their little goat that was staked in their backyard. Sad. Houses are flooded at the end of the street. Houses are flooded in town. The garage flooded again. The river is swelling.

And now for an update on Logan.

I know why I was supposed to home school Logan. That boy is my light. He is funny, charming, helpful, loving, kind and about a zillion other things. He and I needed to remember that he was all of those things and more. It's been so healing for him to see what he himself is capable of. I think he had been really discouraged at school and was starting to believe that he was worthless. Now Logan is excelling and doing so AWESOME and I have such confidence in him! He rocks! What a brain he has!

To change the subject yet again, the house continues to move forward. We put up baffles on Saturday. What's a baffle? A baffle is a styrofoam  thingy that is stapled up in each bay of the ceiling. It is used to block the insulation from falling into the shelf above the soffits. I think I spelled Soffit wrong. Pretty sure there. Anyway, that will keep the ventilation system running smoothly. Remember me up on the roof cutting the stupid gable vent? Yeah, all part of the ventilation.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, my only comment is about Logan. And how much my heart is happy to read your words. And you have just stated one of the reasons I genuinely want to homeschool my kids. Because the world tries to convince them they are worthless and in our home they are protected from the buffeting winds and words of the world. It is their haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's been good for Logan. He's a good kid, and a smart kid. And a good piano student too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the part of this post about Logan, and the moving forward part of the house. It's hard for teachers, even really great teachers, to give our kids the individual encouragement that they all need. I've learned so much about my kids by homeschooling them. I learned even more about myself. But even better yet our relationship was so much better! I have a newfound love and patience for them as individuals. (Sorry just adding a few thoughts to yours) Homeschooling parents deserve much more respect than they are given, and so do the kids. <3

    ReplyDelete