Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Glasses

Sooooo, are you still waiting for that post on Logan? Oh yeah, okay. Sorry.

Last week we had parent teacher conferences. Sami got all A's. Phoebe got two B's and the rest A's. Both of their teachers were awesome and spoke highly of them. It was great.

Logan's conference went as expected.  It was good. We went in and had a talk about his missing homework and blah blah about how he scores so high on the placement tests and she doesn't see what we see about dyslexia . And then Trevor went on and on about what dyslexia is. How it affects him; how having dyslexia does not mean you are stupid. Blah blah. It was great. She was dumbfounded in a good way. I really wanted Trevor to explain better than I could to her about what we see and what it means.

And we had gone to the eye doctor earlier in the day for dyslexia screening. The funny thing is that when I made the appointment, I had asked for dyslexia screening, but when we got there and were in the room with the doctor, he told me they didn't do dyslexia screening. Lol. Okay then. Why am I here, right? But in the end we ordered a pair of glasses for Logan.

So funny thing on this journey to find out if Logan is dyslexic, we have so far found out that he is deaf and blind, but still have no idea about the dyslexia.  Haha!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Go you guys. I love how you aren't giving up on those cute kids of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good to know! Glad Trevor was able to explain better. that's how I am with Bridger. He can explain things way better than I can ha!

    ReplyDelete