Now that the roof is mostly done, it's back to the inside of the house.
The laundry room was one of the last untouched rooms and it had the nastiest gold and yellow linoleum. That was ripped up, exposing the sub-floor. Yay.
We tore out the old 2x4 wall beside the stairs. We replaced it with a wider 2x6 wall, which is where we will run plumbing for the washer and sink. Yes. I get a sink. Yay!
We also raised the ceiling height to above 8 feet, like in the kids' bedroom on the same side of the house. Now the final step is to put the ceiling joists back up across the whole thing, then that side of the house will be done.
That means we will only have one room left to frame: our closet and bathroom!!! Wow!!!
It feels like it's taking an eternity!!! Someone give me some patience!
Let's move on to more exciting things. I'm thinking about the pink stone and mortar on the front of the house. If I were Chip and Joanna Gaines, I'd paint it white and call it good. Man, I'd love to do that, but Trevor would kill me. Plus, I kinda want to prove there are other ways to fix this horrible kind of problem besides just painting it.
I found this cool company www.dyebrick.com that has a really cool way of literally dyeing the brick or stone in this case. It is not a new company. It's formula is tried and true against the test of time. I'm thinking about ordering a sample and having a go at it. My hesitation, if I have any, is regarding the color of the mortar. What color do I go? Light? Dark? I'm ordering browns and grey to play with for the stone color. I'm thinking of a variation in the stone color, but I don't know. Having never done this, and seeing that none of their customers have either, I'm on my own.
Luckily, I have a whole pile of pink stone with red mortar attached sitting on the side of the house just waiting for me to play with. The people who put the fireplace in were kind enough to use the exact same stone as what they used on the front of the house. Lucky us. We saved the stone when we tore the fireplace out to reuse on the front of the garage.
Enough of my boring life for today.
More later. Maybe we will do soffits this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment