Sunday, August 4, 2013

So, ever since I got over the yuckiness that started off this pregnancy I've been exercising. A very long time ago I coveted a friend who was pregnant at the same time as me and had her baby just a few months after me and looked like she was never pregnant just a week after she had the baby (you know who you are CHRISTINE!). Super long run-on sentence. I don't care!

I asked her how she was so amazingly skinny so soon after giving birth, and she said exercising and eating healthy, or something like that.

Sounds horrible, right?

I mean, who wants to do anything except lay around and sleep and eat cereal and doughnuts when you're pregnant? That's what I normally do.

But this time I am determined to bounce back quicker. I really really really want to have a normal sized baby too. And I am exaggerating about how completely unhealthy I've been in the past.

So I've been eating lots of healthy food. I let myself linger in the bakery at the grocery store and smell all the yummy smells, but I don't get to buy anything. I've been alternating between running and biking with some walking mixed into the running (I'm not as cool as you Christine). I'm starting to see that all this hard work might actually be worth it. I have 8 weeks to go until d-day. That's a long time to pack on the weight here at the end, but I'm still 25 pounds lighter than any other pregnancy. I can keep it reigned in.

Of course the one thing I can hardly wait to see is how big this baby is. If I pop out another 10 pounder, that's it. I don't care. It's not worth it at all. I'm going back to multi-grain cheerios and doughnuts for the next pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. OH. MAH. GOODNESS. You're too much. But I am excited for you. Eight weeks to go and twenty-five pounds lighter than usual? Thats a serious accomplishment - ESPECIALLY FOR NUMBER FOUR. I'm jealous.

    And I seriously wish we lived closer.

    When are you due?

    ReplyDelete