Trevor has been doing a lot of research lately on the affects of shyness. We are trying to figure out how best to handle Samantha. She is still having a very difficult time. Blah Blah. You've heard it before.
But what is very interesting is that with all this research we have come to realize that it is OUR fault. well really mine
With shyness comes negativity. With negativity comes shyness. Get it?
Shyness leads to that person being negative.Which explains a lot about me. Not that I am always negative. I am negative about people. "She doesn't like me. That family is stuck up." Get it?
As parents though, if we have a tendency to talk in a negative manner, especially around our kids, our kids will have a higher chance of being shy if they lean that way to begin with.
Basically I need to be upbeat and nix the negativity. But again, shy people are negative people. It's a never ending circle of awfulness!
What does this mean? If you are around me and I say something negative about someone that is not true, please call me on it. Don't let me get away with it. Tell me how awesome that person is. Tell me how good of friends we could be if I'd just give her a chance.
What it really boils down to is playing the victim. I see it in Samantha. I see it in myself. No more victim.
the end.
Wow..I'm impressed with this posting. I was going to write...I guess we can't be friends anymore! It's hard to know what to say to this because I think we all struggle with being negative. But...in my relief society lesson I learned that if you learn to love God more, your capacity for love increases. I'm hoping this will help me! I hope my kids will forgive me for not always being the best mom. I sure love them though!
ReplyDelete