When Logan was two we took him to a pediatric urologist who recommended we have a cyst removed. It wasn't too terrible, but a little upsetting to have him put to sleep and not be able to be with him while he was being operated on.
Later on, another cyst grew in the same region, and then another. That's two more if you are keeping count.
I took him to a doctor who made me feel stupid for worrying and would not give me a referral to a specialist (ah the joys of medicaid).
Samantha was born with a little bump on her chest. We have watched it and recently it ballooned in size and was discharging some yucky stuff.
I asked around and got an awesome referral to an awesome doctor who made me feel so much better, and not stupid at all for worrying. Logan and Sami have the same type of cyst called an sebaceous cyst. These aren't anything to worry about at ALL! This is a picture I pulled off the internet that looks pretty close to what they both have.
Anyway, we are going to watch them over the next few years and see what happens. They may go away on their own, and we may have to have them removed eventually. We are just going to wait and see. I am just grateful it isn't anything more than that.
oh my word! it is so scary when something happens to your kiddos! i am glad it isn't too serious though! keep us posted!
ReplyDeletexoxo
p.s. i love your new blog background and header picture!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is odd. I'm glad you didn't post pictures of them with the yucky stuff discharge, but hope you took some for wedding pictures in 20-25 years.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that they don't feel it's something to be worried about and SO GLAD that you were able to finally get a referral. Dr.'s should NEVER question the instincts of a mother!!!!
ReplyDeleteOT - I love your new header!
ReplyDeleteDocs can be so arrogant. It's really annoying. Glad you found one you are happy with and that everything turned out ok!