Monday, August 16, 2010

I have out of control allergies. The annoying thing is not being able to take real medicine that would put me out of my misery since I am still nursing. However, I have just discovered this thing called a netti pot.

Don't know what it is? Maybe you don't really want to know.
Here's how it works. You take a packet of this sinus rinse stuff (sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate) and mix it with sterile water. Then put it in the netti pot and screw the lid on the top.

Here comes the gross part. While standing over a sink, put the spout up to your nostril and pour into your nostril making sure to keep your mouth open and whatever you do DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

The water will then go in one nostril and out the other. Some water may come out your mouth! I shudder just thinking about it.

Oh, and you probably wanted to know if it worked. I think it helped out a little. If anything, it cleaned out my nose and I could breath very well afterward.

Grossed out now? LOL! That was my plan!

2 comments:

  1. My allergist suggested one of those.....only he said do it in the shower each morning. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross! Hope I don't have to do that anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete