Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reflections

I had a wonderful birthday this year. My family made it a special day. I can't help but look back on experiences I've had the past few years and think about what a different person I am today.

IF YOU ARE BORED NOW, DON'T BOTHER READING ON. IT GETS BORRINGER!! (I know it's not a word, but it sure is fun to say)

Not that I was shallow or anything, but I find I appreciate things in a different way. Maybe that's from having no money as poor college students. And here's something mushy... The best gift I received this year was spending the day with my family. HA! That's when you know you're getting old - when you start sounding like a recording of your mother.

SO anyways here's to another year of gaining more depth and wisdom.

And here's something else I gained ... although it was only in the past month. 10 GINORMOUS POUNDS!! Yeah whatever. I had a lot of stress on me. Besides, I KNOW I will lose the weight once the baby comes. I was just hoping it wouldn't be as much as it has been in the past. And there is still hope for me. I have done well up to this point and if I can just get back in line...

2 comments:

  1. Alyson, you are so honest with your feelings!! I love your picture. You are fun. It's good to be surrounded by family, isn't it!! Feels mighty good. 10 lbs is good, you are doing it. I love you. Mom

    p.s. I like your music

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, you definitely don't look like this picture. (You are nowhere near it.) I'm glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete